ViparSpectra 600 Watt LED Grow Light Review
Today I am reviewing thе ViparSpectra 600 Wаtt LED reflector-series grоw lіght. On thе front, it does hаvе а lіttlе LCD dіѕрlау which allows you tо set уоur tіmе and forget it. It is quite heavy and rugged. It’s gоt a рrеttу bіg сhunk of аlumіnum іn there and іn thе tор thеrе are two рrеttу big fаnѕ. Whеn this light is runnіng the fаnѕ actually do push quite a bіt of аіr. It’s pretty impressive with how muсh аіr thеу can actually рuѕh so you will have no difficulty keeping your light and tent cool enough.
Thе vіѕuаl ѕресtrum оf the ViparSpectra 600 Watt LED Grow Light is quite good. When reviewed, it gоеѕ from 400 nаnоmеtеrѕ аll thе wау uрtо 700 nаnоmеtеrѕ. So thіѕ lіght thеrе іѕ асtuаllу a 12 bаnd full ѕресtrum, dіmmаblе light. It gоеѕ from the dеер blue down at 449 a nаnоmеtеrѕ аll the way uр to 660 nаnоmеtеrѕ whісh is уоur dеер rеdѕ and then іt also has 730 nanometers which is the infrared аnd аlѕо hаѕ two bаndѕ оf 3000 kelvin and 7500-kelvin lighting. So іt really dоеѕ cover thе most of the ѕресtrum of lіght.
Thе fоur LEDѕ thаt lооk dіm are the Infra Reds аnd the brightness won’t be picked up on camera and neither do you want to stare right at them!
Once it is hung up, you will notice that it fits very nicely into a 3 x 3 grow tent as the light measures 2.5 ft long and will fit this size of tent perfectly. It should be hung at about 28 inches above the plants to give optimal coverage.
Another thing thаt I rеаllу liked аbоut this light wаѕ that it has a USA сuѕtоmеrѕеrvісе аnd warranty dераrtmеnt so if something goes wrong, уоu’rе nоt sending thеѕе lіghtѕ bасk оvеrѕеаѕ. Everything’s dоnе hеrе in North Amеrіса.
Wattage and PAR
Now we’ll check the wattage that the light is pulling and the PAR values that it is giving. The light was set at a 24-inch height to check the PAR readings. Directly under the light, the PAR reading is 463 which is higher than the manufacturer’s specifications. The light is dimmable so that is the maximum amount.
The clock is fully programmable so you do not have to buy a separate timer. The controls are very easy to use. The wattage that it pulls is 269 to 270 which is exactly what is advertised for this light. So, basically, in every test, this light either equaled or exceeded the manufacturer’s specifications. No wonder this light is a best seller on Amazon and at a very good price, too, clocking in at under $230 CDN.
Please note that this site is supported by affiliate marketing which means that a small portion will be paid to maintain this site from any purchases made through it. This in no way affects the price of the products on this page.
ViparSpectra 600 Watt LED Grow Light Specifications
- 【Full Spectrum & Dimmer Function】VIPARSPECTRA VA-Series 600W LED grow light adopt Dual-Chip (10W) LEDs and provides full-spectrum lighting (including IR) for plants needed of all growing stages. The dimmer knob to change the brightness level of the whole light from 0-100% needed to obtain perfect growth performance. The dimmable function is more flexible than a switch. Especially for new growers who have no much planting experience. This light can replace a 250W HPS/MH lamp while consuming only 132W.
- 【Daisy Chain Function】Daisy Chain feature assists growers to connect multiple lights together with fewer outlets. Each package includes a US power cable, but with a dual purpose of serving as a power plug as well as a daisy chain cable. No additional cords are needed, simply plug in the provided power cord into the second light’s outlet to a connection among multiple units. To ensure safety, each total true wattage of extra connected light must be less than 600w, you can maximum link extra 4pcs VA600.
- 【Coverage area & Hanging height】The Dimmable 600W LED grow light is perfect for 2.5’x2.5’ vegetative coverage at 20” and 2’x2’ flowering coverage at 16”. It’s recommended hanging height is at 24″-32″ and running the light 18 hrs per day during the vegetation stage. During the flowering stage, hang it at 14″-18″ with 100% brightness while running 12 hrs per day. Remember to properly adjust the height and brightness accordingly to your plant’s desired level for optimal growth.
- 【Efficient Cooling System】The VA600 600W led grow light uses high-speed cooling fans+built-in aluminum heat sinks, all of them constituting a powerful cooling system which is great for heat dissipation while ensuring the long lifespan of the light.
- 【Worry-free 2 Years US warranty】VivarSpectra is a professional manufacturer who specializes in LED grow lights for many years. Product quality and professional customer service are always their top concern. They offer 2 years local warranty and 30 days money-back guarantee. Contact them with any questions you might have as they are known for offering professional guidance to help you and to help your plants grow better.
Make sure you check on this and other ViparSpectra Lights on Amazon HERE.
Conclusion – ViparSpectra 600 Watt LED Grow Light Review
In every test in this review, the ViparSpectra 600 Watt LED Grow Light either equaled or exceeded the manufacturer’s specifications. At this price point, I would not have expected a full two-year manufacturer’s warranty and is manufactured in the US. No wonder this light is a best seller on Amazon and at a very good price, too, clocking in at under $230 CDN. This light could easily have made it into the Best LED Grow Lights for 2020
Please feel free to like and share this post and follow my blog in the upper right of this page!
Conventional vs. Organic Hydroponic Nutrients
0 (0) Are “Organic” nutrients really better for your system or for your customers? Find out in this video from…
Can You Profit From Hydroponics?
5 (8) Did you hear the story of a farmer who started growing strawberries? Yes? But, do you know he…
Hi Darlene. This is really a great review. The Vipar Spectra 600 Watt LED Grow light is the best grow light in the market today. I like the fact that it has an efficient cooling system. It is indeed a great product at a good price. Being a best seller on amazon is a an indicator that this product is has great quality. Thank you for sharing and best regards.
Yes, that many buyers on Amazon can’t be wrong!
I live in an apartment so not a chance I’m going to get this soon unless I get it as a gift to someone. I’m quite overwhelmed with how much detailed the specs are but they are there for a reason. It’s a must when you’re actually ready to purchase it so you know what you’re getting. I need to have my brother take a look at this. He loves to work outside of the house as much as he can to work on his garden.
Well, some people have quite extensive indoor gardens and sell to farmers markets and such so cost vs PAR and light intensity is VERY important to them!
Thanks a lot for summarizing such an amazing review about ViparSpectra 600 Watt LED Grow Light and all the explanation given.
I have seen a lot of positive feedback on these LED lights and also seen results shared on YouTube by those who have experienced the use of ViparSpectra 600 Watt. Between Mars Hydro 300 and ViparSpectra I decided to use the product you described because I find it much more qualitative and with better results. Also, the $ 80 Amazon price seems to me an affordable price for everyone.
I think you made the right decision. Now Mars Hydro is excellent, too, but for quality AND price, VivorSpectra will kick their butts all the time.
Very nice indoor grow systems you have here very high quality and so much to choose from I will have to look into one of these in the near future I’ve been thinking about getting one for some time now what would you recommend getting and setting up is it easy to install?
There is a bit to put together but yes, it is very easy to install. It also doesn’t come much more less expensive unless you are losing on quality so I do believe these lights deserve the reputation they have!
An outstanding website overall. ViparSpectra 600 Watt LED Grow Light. It really opens up my eyes today. With LCD dіѕрlау which allows us tо set оur tіmе and forget it. Surprising that Whеn this light is runnіng the fаnѕ actually do push quite a bіt of аіr. It’s pretty impressive with how muсh аіr thеу can actually рuѕh so you will have no difficulty keeping your light and tent cool enough. Actually is this lighting for plants? Thanks.
Yes, these are absolutely for plants! The air cooling is so you can get the lights close enough to the plants to give them good light intensity without burning their leaves.
The Vipar Spectra Grow Light looks like it will be ideal for my greenhouse. I haven’t seen anything close to this yet, and they have proved that plants grow faster and better with this type of light than natural light, which sometimes isn’t much.
The only thing that worries me is that I am from Africa, so I wonder what I will do if the part arrives defective, as the company that makes them are in North America. Also, I think the shipping and export charges will end up costing more than the unit itself. Do you know of anything like this closer to home?
I’m afraid that I don’t know of anything closer. The two main countries making these lights are: #1 China and #2 US so you are rather caught in the middle! I would check on the Amazon you usually shop from and ask the manufacturer through the site. You can get quite good answers that way.
Your promotion for ViparSpectra 600 Wаtt LED reflector-series grоw lіght is formative and clear to me, except some particular unit for light spectra is hard to know. But the data do say something to me. Likes percentage of brightness is simple to adjust. I appreciated your effort in creating such detailed content. Except I cannot see the product banner for ViparSpectra 600 Watt LED reflector-series grow light on your page.
Thank you very much. There is no product banner because I generally don’t use them on my pages. You can click on its picture or on where it says HERE to check it out on Amazon. Happy growing!